Foreign nationals who wish to visit Mongolia must obtain visas of appropriate types corresponding to the purpose of their visit. Nationals of those countries which have concluded visa exemption agreements with Mongolia are not required to obtain a visa if the intended period of the visit is not beyond the period allowed under such arrangements.
In order to apply for a visa, you must submit your visa application at a Mongolian diplomatic mission (Embassy/Consulate).
- Completed application form
- Passport in original (must be valid for a minimum of six months before your intended travel to Mongolia)
- 3.5×4.5cm photo (the size of the photo is mandatory)
- A copy of hotel booking or accommodation information in Mongolia
- A copy of flight/train tickets
- Proof of sufficient funds, i.e. bank statements for the recent six months (if necessary)
- The visa fee is to be paid upon submission of the application. The fee is non-refundable.
On Arrival Visa Information
1. Tourists who are coming from European countries where there is no Mongolian diplomatic presence are eligible to obtain on-arrival visa at the airport in Ulaanbaatar or Mongolian border points.
2. Transit visa can also be applied at Mongolian borders if the applicant is coming from European countries where there is no Mongolian diplomatic presence and has an onward flight/train ticket or obtained a visa if applicable, of the country he or she plans to visit immediately after Mongolia. (Transit visa allows for a stay up to 10 days in Mongolia)